Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Big Step.

I put all of our adoption paperwork away today. Way up high in my closet on a shelf where I cannot even reach it unless I stand on a chair.  For me, this is an admission of defeat.  I was so sad.   My big accordion file stuffed with dossier documents has been proudly sitting at the side of my desk downstairs. It has been there for 3 years just gathering dust. Sitting there waiting so everything would be easier for me to find when I started adoption number two.  All of the important stuff that is needed for a dossier is in that file.  Putting this file box away was not an easy thing for me to do at all.  I felt resentment and anger doing this.  I feel like a door has been slammed in my face. 
Down, but not defeated entirely, though.  Lent this year for me is going to be a season of gratefulness for what I have now, not about the child I cannot bring home.  Thankfulness and gratitude for the life and family I have.  For now, I will focus on those things.  (No one can stop me from looking at the cuties on Reece's Rainbow though, no matter what)  Those kids are never far from my thoughts.  Wish me luck, it may be a tough road ahead. Old habits are hard to break.   

Just to make me feel better, I am going to eat a huge carne asada burrito this weekend--South Beach Diet-- be darned!!  I can't wait!

7 comments:

Bethany said...

Aww I'm sorry! Hopefully someday when the time is right, you will be pulling that file down. ;)

Anonymous said...

(hugs) i'm sorry! enjoy the burrito!

Heather said...

Kelly .. the floors ... just an illusion!Praying for peace on this door closing.I know how deep in your heart this has been.Will it help to get your baby fill from Kai and Shaylor??Heard to believe we only live minutes away from each other,have a Bill&Geralyn connection,go to the same church and ... when was the last time I saw you??I guess I have been out of circulation.Church as an entire family just doesn't happen anymore.Not until Zoey is well again.Take care and thank you again for faithfully keeping Zoey in your prayers.Eat up ... is that burrito coming from Snapper Jack's?Yum.

steffany said...

Oh honey,
I'm so sorry.
I'm sure that was a painful moment for you. Maybe you'll experience a certain freedom though as well.

Christy said...

You are an amazing mom and I know God has many more great blessings waiting for you and your family. God's timing is never our timing but God is never late!

Melissa said...

Kelly, I am so sorry to hear of your disappointment. Please keep praying! I am posting an update tp LIza's story today that Ihope will encourage you :) Miracles still happen today Sister!

Melissa-from Journey to a Promise
-this just tripped me out! My word verification is "lizezi" HMMMMM....

Anonymous said...

I could have written this myself.