Friday, February 13, 2009

One Week!!


Nicholas had one great week at school.  No issues.  His teacher was even out on 2 of the days.  He did have a few minor meltdowns at home but nothing too serious.  We are working on it.  It is pouring down rain here today.  I have one sick kid and probably a few more by the end of the weekend. Nasty Virus going around the big kids' school.  Tony is not going to be able to play basketball this weekend--bummer.  We are staying home for Valentine's Day this year!  We figured out that we will save so much money by doing this. We probably will have a much happier family, too!! In years past... we hire a babysitter, order pizza for the kids while we are gone, go to an overpriced hurried dinner, then sit and talk about the kids and miss them. We'll save close to $200 by changing things up a bit.  This year, we will make heart-shaped pizzas ourselves and have a family movie night.  We even borrowed some movies from the neighbors!! This saving money thing is actually quite challenging and I am doing pretty well, except for the small fact that I really want to buy the above item. I am smitten with these sunglasses.  the ones i want are actually in black, but I put up the wrong picture.  Am I crazy??  I think not!  I will try to find them at a good price!  I do have a birthday coming up and I have been known to buy my own gift, wrap it and say it is from my silly husband who is thankful he did not have to shop.  

4 comments:

steffany said...

Enjoy your valentines day!
Every year my husband and I avoid the crowds.
We have our children make dinner for us. It's really cute. They make dinner, set the table, be our waiter, watch the little ones, do the dishes all the while watching how much mom and dad love each other. They love doing this!

Anonymous said...

we have sick kids too and have had for 2 weeks now! i am tired of it. love the glasses! i hope you can get them. :)

Annie said...

I just feel fortunate that my children behave beautifully at school and just act out at home. Lucky me. No - really. I like to be able to hold my head up in public.

Chris Haven said...

Thanks for the info on Hopscotch. I love reading about your family!