Thursday, April 3, 2008

Back at it

Since I have not posted in a long while, I though I'd better write something before I forgot how to do it.
Not much is going on here. We utterly enjoyed our Spring Break, except for one day which also happened to be my 45th B-day. We had to go to a double funeral. It was awful, 2 members of one family died suddenly of heart problems, only a few hours apart. So sad!! My heart breaks for this family. Other than that, I enjoyed the week off. We had good weather, heated up the pool, went to the beach house and generally did nothing but sleep late, eat good food and play. We are so lucky. I was a little bummed that we decided to stay home, but it worked out great. I felt like I got a true vacation. I had half a mind to pull the kids out of school and homeschool them so we could carry on like this forever--What am I? CRAZY???

We got the call we have been waiting for yesterday. Our timeshare trade for this summer came through. We get to spend a week in Kauai at the end of August. Woo Hoo!!!! The kids and I are over the moon with excitement. Big Daddy is playing along but I think he is less than gung ho! We will do everything we can to get him motivated to have a good time. The kids' excitement is no less than contagious. Nick can't wait to get on the "big airplane." The girls can't wait to dump every penny of their hard-earned savings at the ABC Store. Tony wants to surf on a "shortboard" this year. Mommy just wants to hang out at Tunnels Beach and to snorkel for at least 1 undisturbed hour. We all have big plans for this trip. I spent several hours yesterday trying to get 6 flights to Kauai using our airline miles. I spent a lot of my afternoon waiting on hold. Thank goodness, I was semi-successful. I did manage to get 2 free tickets, but had to pay for the rest. Those airline miles do not go as far as they used to.

As for matters of the heart, I am still trying to talk Big Daddy into the adoption of another kid. He says...what are you? Crazy??? We all know the answer to that question.

Aloha!!!

No comments: