Monday, April 14, 2008

Crazy Hot!!


It has been unseasonably warm this last few days. Actually it has been really HOT. I think it was over 100 degrees in my backyard. Weeds like heat. With the rain we had this year and now this heat, I have a weed farm out there.... At least the kids have something to do when they get in trouble. Big Daddy is fond of making them pull weeds for a half hour or so when they decide to cut-up. I digress. Well.. I thought I was going to pass out on Saturday during T's Baseball game, for two reasons...First of all, the heat, which I am not used to in April. Secondly, the boys were actually winning for a change. In fact, they were winning almost the entire game. Sadly, it all fell apart during the last inning, so disappointing that one guy actually started to cry. These are 10 and 11 year old boys. This kid had heart and was really depressed. I think his emotions show the depth of his commitment to the game. His dad yelled at him for crying. I thought that was a little bit mean, that dad probably really wanted just one win, too. All my little baseball player wanted to do was have his good buddy over to play after the game. His good buddy happened to be on the team that beat us. I think they were making plans as his buddy was rounding first base on his way to score the winning run. The boys ended up having a blast together for the next 24 hours. They never even talked once about the game.
We had our first real beach day on Sunday after Mass. Boogie boards, skim boards, buckets, shovels and burritos, something for everyone. No surfing, the ocean was as flat as glass. It was just beautiful. The boys wanted some waves, but improvised and had a great time anyway. Even Nick is getting brave in the ocean, I will really have to watch him like a hawk this summer.
It was a fabulous day which ended back at home with barbequed burgers and a fantastic bottle of red wine. The kids went for a swim after dinner so we did not even have to do baths before bed. Heaven.....(I did think Desperate Housewives, which we had been waiting for weeks to see, was boring. I fell asleep)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not a fan of the crazy heat.

Thanks so much for the sweet comment on my blog.