Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Summer 'Do




My T-Man decided to go for the buzz cut this summer.  We usually threaten to shave his head when he acts up or messes around when he is supposed to be doing something semi-important, like playing well in basketball or making a few hits in baseball.  Honestly... we were just kidding. He made this decision all on his own.  I was a bit disappointed because now we have no punishment to hang over his shaved head (i am kidding, again) I did like his long hair, oh well.
It grows back at some point.  He has lived most of his 10 years being either bald or buzzed. 
No one better get their shears on Nicky this summer, I forbid it. He does not look good with a buzz. He has a crazy shaped head. 

On the adoption front, we are still hoping that one member of the crew comes around at some point.  Big Daddy is not quite there yet.  I thought he was getting close. I was mistaken.  My heart is so torn. I am so thankful with the family I have been blessed with right now, but there will always be the longing to adopt again.  It is already in my heart.  Again, I came across the photo of an adorable little kid that will most likely be in the institution all of his childhood until he is thrown out to the streets at age 16 or 18 with no life skills or family. Not good things happen to kids in that situation.  I am ready to do it again. Put me on that airplane.  In the meantime,  I will wait. 

No comments: