Thursday, May 8, 2008

Back to Reality


I have not posted in awhile, because there really was not anything exciting going on around here, then drumroll please.......We went on vacation. When I say vacation, I mean VACATION!!!!! No camping trip, which is actually more work than staying home, no fighting crowds at Disney with 4 kids all wanting to go in opposite directions, not anything like that at all. This is the first time we have left the kids overnight since we went to Russia to bring Nicky home. This was an adults only, 4 night break, a little slice of heaven, if you ask me. We even got upgraded on the second night to a suite. It was a much needed, relaxing almost second honeymoon. Check out our digs at casaquecanta.com The place was great, the setting was beautiful and the food was fantastic. If I ever had the chance, I would return to this spot in Mexico again in a heartbeat. I am going to save every extra penny I get, in a special spot earmarked just for this purpose. I waited 10 years for this, I can wait again. Big thanks to Grandpa and Grandma Donut for holding down the fort while we were gone. Yes...these are my toes as I sit in a chaise reading a BOOK!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a wee bit jealous. But I am so happy you got away.

Ginny said...

I am more than a wee bit jealous. What did you read??