Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Did you really just say that?


Last night I put Nicholas down into his crib for the night and somehow got sidetracked (happens to me a lot these days) and we skipped our goodnight prayers.  When I realized my mistake, about 10 minutes later, I went back in. He was not yet asleep, but I think he was just starting to doze off.  After the initial parts of the prayer..."In the name of the Fadder, Son, Hoaty Spirit...." We always go through the God Bless so and sos, he names off the people that he wants God to bless that day.  They are usually the same ones, he once in awhile throws in someone random just to keep me on my toes.  Then we end by praying "God Bless all the children who have no homes, Amen"  Here's where it gets cute....Nicholas looks up at me with those sleepy eyes and says "Mom, I am in THE RIGHT SPOT, right here next to you and Tony." Now who really knows what exactly he meant by those words, but I took it to mean that he was happy and content here in our family.   I left the room with tears in my eyes.   

I could not agree with you more, sweet boy.

2 comments:

Ginny said...

So cute!

Annie said...

How sweet....reminds me of my Anastasia singing the "Here I am...this is me, exactly where I'm supposed to be." Gives me shivers.