Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas!!





We all had a wonderful Christmas this year.  A little crazy but so much fun.  I was remarking to my Mother-in Law that Christmas just passes too fast for me. It seems like I blink my eyes and it is over.  She reminded me that this happens with any major event (weddings, babies being born, etc.)  The actual event passes all too quickly. It is in the preparation that we must take enjoyment.  My mother in Law is very "matter-of fact."  I am glad that we all got to have fun in the time before Christmas and did not have to do any major shopping or preparation at the last minute.  I always like to get my trees up early and have my shopping done before it really gets into December.  That way we have time to really enjoy the season and all the stuff that goes along with it. 

Yes, I did write "trees" above.  I am a Christmas tree lover. Always have been.  We now get two. One big tree in the living room for my stuff.  I have a collection of  angel ornaments that I have collected through the years which I love to put on my tree. After the kids came along,  they started making ornaments and getting ornaments as gifts from the grandparents.  What started as me buying a teeny tree for Tony, now has grown into an (almost) full sized tree of their own each year.  Next year, I have to get them a bigger one.  We could not fit all of the hand-made beauty on it this year.  No fake trees either.  We like the real things.  We have a fun time teasing our friends who have fake trees.  I know...it is a sick thing to do, but we can't help ourselves. We call it "going over to the dark side"  when one of our previous real tree friends get a fake tree.  Our trees start getting that real sweet piney smell into about the third week. New Years Day, we say adios to my beautiful (dead) trees.

Merry Christmas to all of you!!  I hope you had lots of Joy and Peace and were able to see the wonder of Christmas through the eyes of a child this year. I truly did and I will write about it in a few days so I do not forget the moment, it was the best.   

PS....  If you read this, please leave me a comment to what kind of tree YOU have. We promise we won't tease, even if you have gone over to the dark side. LOL!!! 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great Christmas! Were all the kids happy?

A few years ago I moved over to "the dark side" and bought a fake tree. I grew up in Seattle and always had a real tree and love them. However, after years and years of real trees I am a die hard fake tree fan and promote fakenes! :) We went fake about 3 years ago and I won't ever go back.

steffany said...

Call me DARTH VADER!
okay, call my husband Darth Vader-
I prefer live trees. I lost that battle two years ago to a 12 foot faker!!!!!!!

I make him take it down and put it up though!