Monday, January 12, 2009

Two (Too) Funnies!!

First: My Mom (Grandma Donut) has Leukemia and has been going through chemo for the last few months.  Since she has been on chemo, she is bald.  Well, she was visiting this weekend and Nicholas was hanging out while she was getting ready to go out.  Grandma was wearing a hat and needed to change into her wig.  As soon as Grandma took off the hat to put on the wig, Nick said "Wow...Grandma's a Boy!!"  My mom thought this was hilarious.  So did we.

Second:  While in the car, from the backseat, I hear:

Sophie: Mom, what are Buppies?
Me:  I don't know, what do you mean? Buppies?
Sophie: You know that song This Land is your Land, This Land is My Land, (starts singing) As I was walking a ribbon of highway I saw a BUPPY....an endless skyway.

We had to explain that there were no Buppies, too bad.  I think Buppies sound much more interesting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

too funny! i hope your mother is doing ok.

Anonymous said...

another comment: i gave you an award on my blog. go take a look :)

Mormon Answer Lady said...

In New York a "buppie" is a black yuppie, or black upwardly mobile professional. When the expression "yuppie" was still "in" there was even a bar in my neighborhood catering to black business-folks called "Buppie Bar." So it is a word!