Friday, July 11, 2008

Getting Real

Whatever that means.....
I have been reading so much lately about people getting real.  What exactly is that?  I hope that I am a real person.  I have a lot on my plate and I am trying to do my best.

I have a real husband whom I love so very much.  He has real life goals that seem so really different than those of my own.  How did we meet, fall in love, marry, give birth to 3 , adopt 1,  have a home, do all of the day to day stuff?  We are really different.  I REALLY converted to Catholicism because I wanted what he had been brought up with. I really believe that I did the right thing.  I really have questions about it all.  I think that it is okay.

 I really have 4 fantastic kids. They could not be more different than if I had picked them up off of 4 different planets. I could not be more proud of the wonderful people they are becoming.  By the way, I REALLY love being a mom.  I also really loved being a teacher before I had my own kids.  I really feel guilty for not being a home-schooling mom. I really do not think I would be good at it.  

I really want to adopt again.  Some of our family have not been supportive of our adoption and we have really felt isolated since we adopted Nick.  They really do not "get it" and we really will be on our own if we do it again.  I REALLY do not care.  I really think that we will do it. It may just be awhile.  It will be a really special kid!!!  They may be really surprised.  We will really need your prayers. 

I really am worried about the future.  My mom is really sick and I do not think she is going to be able to be a grandma for as long as she would like to.  My dad is the best grandpa ever, but he is really worried about my mom.  I am really worried about him. 

I really am getting fat.  I think I am fatter now than when I gave birth to my last kid.  Who cares?  I really think I should exercise more, eat less and drink less wine.  I have lofty goals.  I have a really good sense of humor.  If you do not believe me, you really should see me try to get into one of my older pairs of jeans. 

I have really awesome friends.  I am so thankful for them.  I could not ask for more they are so supportive and really fun.  

I am awed and inspired by the lives I have read about lately.  I am really grateful that I have been able to share the stories of people that are doing truly awesome things to change the lives of children.  I really hope to someday walk in their footsteps.    

I really am thankful for the life I have.  Sure, there are always going to be bumps in the road and I will always be striving to reach higher, but....I am blessed. THAT IS FOR REAL!!!! 

4 comments:

Annie said...

That was lovely. I don't exactly know what "real" means either....except that perhaps some people try to project an image on their blogs that isn't true. I don't know the point of doing that, really - I suppose I blog to have friends and if friends don't know who you are, are they really friends? But it is interesting to think about, and I may go back and do another "getting real" post from the point of view of "what I'd be embarrassed at not having told you if you came to visit me".

I tell myself I SHOULD DRINK wine! I even went so far as to buy a small bottle and put it in the cupboard (with the vitamins, if you can believe it - that's funny, now I think of it), so I could have a healthful glass now and then. But I detest red wine, and actually it makes me sick, so I did not ever drink it.

Ginny said...

I really liked this post :)
You made me laugh about the gaining weight part. I am gaining so much so fast this pregnancy it is unreal-and then there are these crazy spider veins taking over my legs. Aaaaaaah! I don't wear shorts too often so I guess I don't really care.
And regarding Catholicism-I am sure you will find answers to your questions. That is really why I converted-this was the only faith that could answer all my questions with real answers-and I had a lot!

Soul Pockets said...

You are defiantly real! I don't really like wine so I have one bottle of Blue Moon beer before bed. I wish I liked wine, it just seems more real. :)

keep being you, it sounds like you are doing a great job.

junglemama said...

Thanks for sharing. I know how hard it is to be so open. I think your family is awesome!